TIENE EN SU CESTA DE LA COMPRA
En total 0,00 €
Subscríbete a nuestras novedades
En total 0,00 €
Did you know that 443 bird species have been seen in Catalunya and that their number changes every month? Did you know that Catalunya holds the current European record of most birds seen in 24 hours, well exceeding 210 species? Can you imagine waking up in the snow-covered Pyrenees with Tengmalm’s Owl, Citril
Finch or Lammergeier, visiting the open grassland at midday with Little Bustard, a diversity of larks, both Sandgrouse, Black Wheatear or Montagu’s Harrier, then ending the day on the Mediterranean coast with Greater Flamingo, Audouin’s and Slender-billed Gulls or offshore Shearwaters? This is only possible in Catalunya. And this is the book to have if you want to enjoy the bird diversity of this rich country on a monthly basis.
If you are a resident planning a weekend trip that particular month or a visitor in search of anything to look for during your holiday, the book gives advice on different places and ideas and tips for mountain, Mediterranean and coastal habitats and sites. The full Catalunya bird list is quoted in the book, with special attention to the must-see specialities and scarce birds month by month.
The book includes:
– References to all bird species recorded in Catalunya.
– 24 maps with suggested itineraries, including details of 22 observation towers, 31 hides, 92 viewing points or stakeouts and 149 suggested birdwatching areas.
– QR codes to be scanned with your mobile phone giving access to websites, downloadable documents or mobile apps.
– Many internet links to further resources linked with book contents.
– A list of 187 specific locations underlined in the book with GPS directions covering all Catalunya comarcas.
– A complete list of other resources for preparing your visits.
– The updated Catalunya bird list.
– A comarca-based appendix with further useful resources and information, downloadable maps and QR links, bird-richness maps and site lists.
– Current big-year records for every category in Catalunya.